Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Music for Gianna



We recently started playing Gianna classical music and lullabies via our Bellysonic. She really loves it! When I first place it on my stomach, she starts moving all around excitedly. After her initial excitement, she is mostly still and listening, but I get a few jabs here and there.

When I take the bellysonic off to use the bathroom, or help someone that walks in at work, she kicks because she wants her music back on. It's SO cute. I have to tell her, "Mommy will put it back on in a minute, I have to do something really quick." Then she will calm down. She gets so excited every time I put the music back on for her.

I have noticed she really likes these 2 songs when they come on:

Tchaikovsky- The Nutcracker- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies
Petzold- Notebooks of A.M. Bach- Minuets 4 and 5

When they come on, she starts moving around happily. She has only been listening to the bellysonic for 2 days, and she already knows which songs she likes the most. She is such a smart baby.

I think the one by Tchaikovsky is particularly funny b/c it is called "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies". Her favorite nursery rhyme is called " The sugar plum tree", and the other story she really likes is called "The Dinkey Bird", which also mentions Sugar Plums.

Maybe she likes Sugar Plums, or that will be one of our many nicknames for our sweet baby Girl?

They say to stop playing it closer to your due date. I suppose that's because you don't want the baby to get too comfy in there, with her music, and then decide to hang around in the womb longer. Haha!

No comments: