Monday, February 23, 2009

Baby Name


Jebo and I have said for a long time that we will name our daughter Corinthia Jolie. Recently, everyone has been telling us what they plan to call her for short. Some say "CJ", others say "Cori", and a few like "Corin". The only shortening of Corinthia we like is Corin, but we know we can't stop people from calling her whatever they want for short if that's what we name her.

With that in mind, we have decided to look at other names. Names that couldn't be butchered and shortened into names we don't like. Aside from Corinthians in the bible, we don't hold an affinity to the name. All "Corinthia" means is "Woman of Corinth." We initially liked it because Jebo proposed to me reading 1 Corinthians 13, and we also had the reading at our wedding. "Love is patient, Love is kind..."

The other night Jebo and I looked around online at little girl names, and we both really like Gianna. It means "God is gracious, or Gift from God." So far, that is our favorite, and it's short enough that hopefully people won't try to butcher it. I mean- it's only 3 syllables. I think everyone can handle pronouncing Gianna without thinking it's too long, right? My name is Angela- 3 syllables and everyone does just fine with that. So- for the record- her name will not be Gia or Anna. It will be GIANNA if that's what we 100% decide on.

Jebo likes that name the most, and he calls her that every time we talk about her. Convincing Daddy of another name could be hard, so hopefully I don't find any others I like more. =)

2 comments:

Jodyrae79 said...

I have to tell you. While I love you guys I was never super fond of the name Corinthia. Your baby name her whatever moves you. I am however madly in love with Gianna. Its perfect! I get a big smile on my face and swell with love when I think of her and her beautiful name. Kisses.

(((((((*-*JebAng*-*))))))) said...

Haha! I know you weren't super fond of "Corinthia". Gianna fit's better. She feels like a Gianna. <3