Monday, April 27, 2009

Love the Baby!

I'm reading a book right now called, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas By: James Patterson. The story is basically a diary that a woman kept for her unborn child, and she wrote about how her and her husband met, their dates, their wedding, their lifes while pregnant etc.

I've tried to keep up with this blog, in hopes of printing it and turning it in to a scrapbook for Gianna one day, to document the announcement of our conception, and her growth in my womb. After reading this book, now I want to start a handwritten diary/book for her also.

The most exciting part of pregnancy so far for me, is the last trimester. Gianna is starting to get on a regular pattern with me, and I know her active times and she knows mine. She really is such a good baby already. When I sleep, she sleeps. She moves around a bit at first when I first lay down, but she does not ever jab and kick when I am still and sleeping.

I suppose having our nightly rituals of reading her baby poems, reading the baby bible, then reading our devotional and bible out loud to her calm her and let her know it is almost time to sleep and be still. By the time we are finished and we lay down, she moves a little bit, but then settles in.

When I get up to pee multiple times in the middle of the night, she will give me a light movement as if to say "Hello Mommy", but then she is still again when I lay back down. Even in the mornings, when my alarm starts to go off, she very gently starts moving around. She is such a sweet Angel.

I look forward to her movements all day. I know when she sleeps, and when her most active times are. She is always still when we read to her, but recently she has started moving a bit, especially when we read the bible to her. It's as if she's recognizing the books/words and getting excited.

On another note, we are slowly starting to collect the items we need for Gianna. As of right now, we have TONS of Clothes & a Co-Sleeper from my mom, a Crib from my Aunt Donna, and a Dresser/Changing table from my Dad. Jebo & I also bought a glider for Gianna.

We started collecting toiletries and diapers as well. The pampers swaddler diapers are so cute & tiny! I can't wait to put them on her! We have a ton of more things to buy, but now that we aren't having a shower, we will have to slowly collect the items from our registry at Babies R' Us ourselves.

I feel like we just conceived Gianna yesterday, yet here we are, with only 78 days left until her due date. Exciting!!!

No comments: