Friday, January 9, 2009

13/14 Week Sonogram

(Pause the music at the bottom of the page first, because there are 3 videos on this post)

Baby Sucking thumb:

I say 13/14 week, because the baby is almost through it's 13 week of life, and onto the 14th week. This morning I woke up at 6:50am and could not fall back asleep. I guess I was excited for the sonogram and anxious to start drinking water, since the doc told me to drink a lot since we were doing a belly and internal exam.

I finally got out of bed at 7:45 and filled my fist cup up. 60+ ounces later, we were on our way to the doctors office. Our appointment was at 9:00am, but we didn't get called back until almost 10:15am. We were 15 minutes late, but STILL! That's a long waiting time when you have an appointment! I had to empty my bladder 3 times while we were waiting. They told me to try not to ,but I don't think ANYONE in their right mind wants to get in the way of a pregnant woman who has to pee! Ha!

Once we finally got called back, I was happy to see I had the same doctor as last time. She is super cool. We started off doing the belly exam and we were shocked to see how BIG the baby is now. It actually looks like a baby, and not a blob. You can see the face profile really good now, the legs, arms and fingers. So cute!

The baby was sleeping, so Kelly (the doc) kept poking at my stomach to wake the baby up. Poor little one isn't used to being up so early, and needed rest still! Haha! When she would jab at it it baby would move a little, but it was too tired to move around too much for us.

Jebo took a few videos, and at the end of this one you can see the baby move its arm around, and scratch it's face. Sweet huh?

(Pause the music at the bottom of this page)

Jebo also asked the doctor if it was too soon to tell the gender or not. She said she would look and give us an educated guess. At first the umbilical cord was between the baby's legs, so i got up and went to the restroom, then when I came back we did the internal exam to see if the umbilical cord had moved. It had moved, but she could see better for some reason with the belly exam so we started that up again.
She said, "Yep. It's a GIRL. Don't buy any clothes yet, but I'm pretty sure it's a girl." She said this because in the genitalia area it is flat, and by now she would see the penis if it was a boy.

Jebo is super excited, and so am I. I would be just as happy with a boy, but after thinking I realized it's probably best to have a girl first. At least she will NEVER have any "middle child" syndrome because she IS a girl and girls are spoiled princesses. Then, when we have our next child and it's a BOY- he will be the youngest so he wont feel slighted. He'll be the "baby", and his big sister will be his "mommy", and he will be her "doll".

Baby all stretched out (notice the legs and arms):

Either way, between Jebo, myself and my mom this baby will not be lacking in constant 1,000% genuine love and care. I'm glad Gab will be 10 1/2 when this baby is born, so at least he will be able to appreciate his sibling more then he would had it been born when he was younger. He will TRULY be a BIG brother. 10+ years older! WOW! In 5 years he can drive his 5 year old sister around. Well- maybe not. We'll have to test his driving skills first. Haha! He isn't as "car crazy" as Jebo- so who knows what kind of driver he'll be.

After my exams, they pricked my finger, and took my blood for more testing. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I guess I'm learning I'm not so scared of needles after all! I'm growing up! Haha!

Baby's profile:

I have had a smile on my face all day thinking about this baby and how big she is getting while looking at her pictures and the videos. In 6 weeks we are 1/2 way there to being able to meet her face to face! YEY!!!!!!

It's more REAL now that she looks like a baby.

We LOVE her!

Video of baby squirming around. You can see her kicking and stretching her legs at first: (pause music at bottom first)

Extra:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazinf videos!

(((((((*-*JebAng*-*))))))) said...

Your so sweet. Your the only one who comments on this blog. I know which Auntie is the most excited! <3